Happy Valentines day!
Most of my friends know this already so I'll share this hilarious piece of information with all of you.
Most of my friends know this already so I'll share this hilarious piece of information with all of you.
My first crush was a boy called Peter Pan.
I should also state that it was the cartoon version, but let me tell you I was extremely happy when the real life motion picture was released in 2003. haha!
I saw the cartoon when I was around 6 or 7 so the crush was mainly of the idea that I could be taken to a wondrous land called Neverland. It was astonishing to my younger self. So at age 9 when the 2003 movie came out the love came rushing back.
I never wanted to grow up!
(I remember my parents disliking this a lot as I would leave my window door open even in winter so that Peter could enter freely. They would have to wait till I fell asleep then come in and close it haha. Also now thinking back it was probably disconcerting for their child to want some strange boy to take her away to a different land where she might possibly forget them. Oops! Sorry mum and dad I promise I love you haha!)
Now that I am older I realize that yes I do miss being a kid but not growing up would make me miss out on life itself. Peter will always hold a place in my heart.
Onto Valentines day!
I know a lot of girls hate this holiday while the rest are posting pictures of flowers received by their beloveds, both of which is okay! I never really put much thought into it, apart that I am convinced it is what they call a 'Hallmark Holiday' and that people shouldn't need a day to show off how much they love each other with expensive gifts. But I do see the joy from some people from the holiday so three years ago I started making my own small tradition, which I shall share with you!
There are two main things that I do every valentines:
I know a lot of girls hate this holiday while the rest are posting pictures of flowers received by their beloveds, both of which is okay! I never really put much thought into it, apart that I am convinced it is what they call a 'Hallmark Holiday' and that people shouldn't need a day to show off how much they love each other with expensive gifts. But I do see the joy from some people from the holiday so three years ago I started making my own small tradition, which I shall share with you!
There are two main things that I do every valentines:
Chocolate | I love reasons to buy chocolate so why not buy myself some! (Yes I do this everyday but hey it's even more important on a holiday ;P)
Movies | Then once I'm in for the day I watch the following films
Peter Pan: Duh ;P
Valentines day: I love this movie! Plus why wouldn't you watch the movie with the same title as the holiday?
27 Dresses: Again love this movie RomCom's are the best for feels and a laugh.
500 days of Summer: I watch this movie way too much.
Its a small tradition but it makes me happy which is what the holidays should be about right?
Do any of you have a Valentine? Or do anything to treat yourselves? Let me know!
Love always! And Happy Valentines day!


